Thursday, September 22, 2011

October 25, 2010 Mommy Fights To Save Her Baby



On October 25, 2010 our day started out like any other day. No sleep from Zac crying all night long, trying my best to be alert for Alexis and working on house work. Around 1:00pm I gave Zac a 6oz bottle because he was screaming so I figured he was hungry. He took down all 6oz with no problems. I was trying to get him to burp when all of a sudden all 6oz of formula came flying back up all over me, Zac, and my couch. I snapped!! I remember throwing the bottle across the living room while crying my eyes out and yelling to God "What is wrorg with my baby!!" I got on the phone and called his pediatricians office and told them I would be bringing Zac in around 3:00 that something was really wrong with him.






Dan got home and I remember passing him in the door way as I walked out with Zac. I was on a mission to save my boy. There was a long wait at the Dr. office and all Zac was doing crying. The lady behind the desk asked me if I needed to feed him my reply was "No he needs to be in a hospital" Finally it was our turn to be seen. I told his Dr. everything that had been going on for the month. He checked Zac over and didn't have much to say. I told him he had two choices 1. Admit Zac to Rainbow today or 2. I would find a way to get my son admitted to Rainbow. My last words to him were "My son is dying please help him" The Dr. walked out of the room and came back a few minutes later and I was told that Zac is a direct admit to Rainbow and to go now. I thanked him and the Dr. left the room. I sat there for a bit holding Zac as tears ran down my face. A nurse came into the room and asked me if I was ok I said no. She asked me if I believed in prayer, I said yes. The nurse stood over Zac and I and prayed for his healing, I sobbed as I held my baby. She then asked me if I had eaten that day, I said no. Sh walked out of the room and came back with $20.00 she said to please get some food and put some gas in my car. I hugged her and cried the left the office. In the parking lot there was a mother that asked me if I was ok, I said I'm on my way to Cleveland to try and save my babies life. She wanted to do something for me but she didn't know what to do so she prayed for us.






I got home and packed a bag for Zac. I remember Dan kissing him good bye and he cried as we walked out the door. The drive to Cleveland was long, quiet, and scary. Being alone for that long with all my thoughts running through my head was bad thing. Around 7:00pm I got to Rainbow Babies ER in Cleveland we were a direct admit so we were taken right into a room in the ER. There were Dr's asking me all kinds of questions and were doing exams on him. After about 2 hours in the ER we were taken to the 6th floor to a room for Zac to stay in for the night. I met two Dr's that did a full exam on Zac and I told them everything that had been going on for the month of October. I wasn't given a plan for the night was told that labs were going to be drawn and he was going to be watched over night. Around 10:30pm I decided to leave for the night. I felt bad leaving Zac but I had to go home because Dan had to work in the morning and I had to be home to watch Alexis. I remember going home turning off my phone and falling asleep for the first time in two weeks. The next morning I would wake up to my worst nightmare!!

No comments:

Post a Comment